Who is this weightlifting course for?
This weightlifting course is designed specifically for Track and Field athletes who want to increase their power, and ultimately athletic performance. It will also be highly beneficial to athletes of any sport requiring sprinting, jumping or other powerful flexing and extending the ankles, knees and hips e.g during a tennis serve, uppercut in boxing, or jumping for a header in football.
Take your athletic potential to the next level, by learning the most powerful variations of the Olympic lifts, including the Power Snatch and Power Clean.
This course is designed specifically for Sprinters, Throwers and Jumpers; as it will focus on developing Rate of Force Development (power) using specific variations of the Olympic lifts, including Power Snatch and Power Clean.
– These variations are quicker and easier to learn (although still very technically challenging to perform well).
– They don’t require as much flexibility as the full Olympic lifts, therefore requiring even less time to become proficient.
– The power variations use lighter loads, but still develop high threshold motor units (many muscle fibres). Many muscle fibres are also required for performing explosive movements such as sprinting, throwing and jumping with maximal power, therefore the transfer of weightlifting to athletic performance has tremendous potential.
– Hang power snatches and cleans also require powerful triple extension of the ankle, knee and hip. Again, similar and specific to sprinting, throwing and jumping disciplines.
Meet your Coaches:
This course will be delivered by Sam Young, who runs Strong For Life; the only British Weightlifting (National Governing Body) affiliated weightlifting club in Hull & East Yorkshire. Sam’s relevant qualifications and experience include:
Jaz Naylor will be assisting in the coaching delivery of the sessions, ensuring a good ratio of coaches to lifters. Jaz’s relevant qualifications and experience include:
When and where is it held?
The weightlifting course will begin on Sunday 29th September 2019 at 1 till 3 pm, and will run at the same time for six consecutive weeks.
The venue will be at the new Strong For Life training facility in Sutton Fields, Hull; which has:
Includes NEW Weightlifting Technique Guide:
How much will it cost?
You will learn the correct and safe way to lift from qualified and experienced coaches, that will maximise power and performance in your sport. Skills and knowledge that you would struggle to acquire anywhere else in the local area; and the confidence that will allow you to apply these skills to benefit a lifetime of training.
– Here’s a summary of what you get:
You will receive ALL of the above for a one off payment of just £95.00 per athlete!
BOOK NOW HERE TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE (LIMITED TO JUST 8 SPOTS!):
Any questions, please get in touch!