Olympic Weightlifting Technique Course (Feb 2020) *FULLY BOOKED
STARTS 9th FEBRUARY 2020!
Who is this weightlifting course for?
This weightlifting course is designed specifically for anyone who wants to learn about, and improve their technique in the Snatch and Clean & Jerk. The type of people who would benefit from doing this course in the particular include:
- Absolute beginners to weightlifting who are intrigued about learning the lifts.
- Those who participate and compete in CrossFit who want to improve their weightlifting technique.
- Athletes who compete in sports requiring power, such as track and field athletes, boxers, rugby players, tennis players etc.
This course is open to all ages and abilities. Weightlifting is a technically demanding sport and requires a lot of discipline and patience in order to improve. However, it is also one of the most rewarding and impressive activities, once mastered!
Meet your Coaches:
This course will be delivered by Sam Young, who runs Strong For Life; the only British Weightlifting (National Governing Body) affiliated weightlifting club in Hull & East Yorkshire. Sam’s relevant qualifications and experience include:
- British Weightlifting Level 2 Coach (current highest level coaching qualification in Britain).
- Owner and Head Coach at Strong For Life, the only BWL affiliated Weightlifting Club in the area.
- Over 10 years coaching experience, including sports coaching children and coaching adults strength training.
- Competed in weightlifting since 2014, placing in the top 10 in England for three consecutive years. (Competition Personal bests: Snatch 110kg, Clean and Jerk 150kg).
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science.
- Level 3 Qualified Personal Trainer since 2010.
- Enhanced DBS checked in August 2019.
Jaz Naylor will be assisting in the coaching delivery of the sessions, ensuring a good ratio of coaches to lifters. Jaz’s relevant qualifications and experience include:
- BWL Level 1 Coach and Qualified Personal Trainer.
- Competitive Weightlifter.
- Degree in Sport and Exercise Science
- Seven years experience coaching in sport and fitness, working in schools, sports teams and gyms.
- Started coaching football, working with children from ages 6 up to 12, as well as working in a Primary School, assisting with PE lessons.
- Experience in working as a PT with both children and adults, coaching both group circuit and one to one sessions.
When and where is it held?
The weightlifting course will begin on Sunday 9th February 2020 at 7 till 8 pm, and will run at the same time for six consecutive weeks.
The venue will be at the new Strong For Life training facility in Sutton Fields, Hull; which has:
- Four weightlifting platforms;
- Specialist weightlifting barbells, including 20kg, 15kg, and even 8kg and 5kg technique bars;
- Coloured bumper plates, including competition spec and technique plates from 2.5kg up to 25kg;
- Four heavy duty squat racks;
- Jerk blocks;
- Resistance bands, foam rollers, chalk and other essential equipment for Olympic Weightlifting.
Includes NEW Weightlifting Technique Guide:
How much will it cost?
You will learn the correct and safe way to lift from qualified and experienced coaches, that will improve your lifting technique and maximise power and performance in your sport. Skills and knowledge that you would struggle to acquire anywhere else in the local area; and the confidence that will allow you to apply these skills to benefit a lifetime of training.
– Here’s a summary of what you get:
- Full six week course (six hours of in-depth specialist weightlifting technique coaching).
- Includes small group technique coaching from Sam and Jaz within each session (Two experienced lifting coaches to a maximum of eight lifters).
- A NEW concise weightlifting technique guide , which has photos and detailed descriptions of each key position in the most important lifts.
- A detailed 20-week training programme.
- An opportunity to ask any weightlifting and strength training related questions, including individual technique assessments, advice on sets, reps, frequency of training etc.
- This course will give you the tools to be able to build power and strength speed, two key qualities that athletes can often lack on the force velocity curve. The more force you can apply into the ground, the higher the potential for speed and performance in explosive track and field disciplines including sprinting, jumping and throwing.
You will receive ALL of the above for a one off payment of just £105.00 per person!
BOOK NOW HERE TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE (LIMITED TO JUST 8 SPOTS!):
Any questions, please get in touch!