*This workshop was in 2018, but if you’re interested in having Cyril deliver another workshop in Yorkshire in 2019, please get in touch to register your interest!
I’m excited to announce that Cyril Martin and Kelly Jo Robson will be coming to Hull to deliver a full day weightlifting workshop on Saturday 8th September 2018!
Video above of Kelly competing at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia. Video Credit: (Under The Bar: https://www.instagram.com/underthebarwl)
Cyril is one of the top weightlifting coaches in Britain, with 60 years in the sport and coach of international lifters including Kelly, plus Emily Campbell and Laura Hewitt (photographed below with Cyril); who all competed at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia. Emily brought back a bronze medal!
Cyril also wrote content for the original British Weight Lifting Level 2 coaching course, and is considered very highly by many of the elite lifters across the country. His main areas of expertise are weightlifting-specific technique coaching, biomechanics and periodised training programming. You’d be hard pushed to find anyone in Britain who knows more in these areas than Cyril, and it will therefore be a privilege to bring him to the area.
Kelly started lifting only four years ago and finished 6th at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, only 4kg away from bronze medal position! Representing Team England, she Snatched 65kg and Clean & Jerked 86kg at just 48kg bodyweight! Kelly will be demonstrating superb lifting technique, whilst Cyril and BWL L2 Coach and competitive weightlifter, Sam Young; talk through the key positions in both lifts. Kelly is also BWL L2 qualified and will be assisting with coaching throughout the day.
The workshop will also include:
– A comprehensive training manual with photographs and detailed descriptions of the techniques, also including sample training programmes, all written by Cyril.
– Applied biomechanics to weightlifting. Why optimal technique is important.
– Approaching and coaching at competitions, including reading the scoreboard.
– Periodised training programming. How to structure programmes to peak for competitions / maximal attempts, which exercises to do to turn weaknesses in to strengths, and how to recuperate from periods of intense training.
– Cyril will talk about personal friends who went on to win world championships and achieve success in the face of adversity. The mindset of champions.
– Coaching and questions and answers throughout the day with Cyril, Kelly and Sam.
This is a unique opportunity to learn from an expert in their field, which may never come around to our part of the country again. Cyril has worked with everyone from absolute beginners to the very best Britain has produced and is therefore suited to all levels.
Date & time: Saturday 8th September 2018, 10am till 6pm (full day intensive workshop).
Venue: CrossFit Hull: 15d Bergen Way, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU7 0YQ
Cost: £80 per person (£20 up front deposit, with remaining £60 to be paid on the day of the workshop).
Suited to: Beginner to intermediate lifters/coaches. However, Cyril frequently coaches national and international level weightlifters, therefore this workshop would also bring great value to more advanced lifters too.
Places are limited to: Maximum 16 people, to ensure that we can give everyone a good level of personal coaching and attention to everyone.
To reserve your place/ask any questions: Please contact Sam Young:
07511 096 976